- Dawkins, Casey J. 2021. Just Housing: The Moral Foundations of American Housing Policy. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
- Nelson, Arthur C., Casey J. Dawkins, and Thomas W. Sanchez. 2007 (second printing, 2008). The Social Impacts of Urban Containment. London: Routledge.
- Nelson, Arthur C. and Casey J. Dawkins. 2004. Urban Containment in the United States: History, Models, and Techniques for Regional and Metropolitan Growth Management, PAS Report Number 520. American Planning Association: Chicago.
Recent Journal Articles (Since 2015)
- Kim, Jinyhup and Casey Dawkins. (forthcoming). Aging, Property Taxes, and Housing Adjustments: Lessons from the Health and Retirement Study. Housing Policy Debate.
- Finio, Nick, Willow Lung-Amam, Gerrit Knaap, Casey Dawkins, Brittany Wong. (forthcoming). Equity, Opportunity, Community Engagement, and the Regional Planning Process: Data and Mapping in Five U.S. Metropolitan Areas. Journal of Planning, Education, and Research.
- Finio, Nicholas, Willow Lung-Amam, Gerrit-Jan Knaap, Casey Dawkins, Elijah Knaap. 2021. Metropolitan Planning in a Vacuum: Lessons on Regional Equity Planning from Baltimore’s Sustainable Communities Initiative. Journal of Urban Affairs. 43,3: 467-485.
- Dawkins, Casey. 2020. Realizing Housing Justice Through Comprehensive Housing Policy Reform. International Journal of Urban Sciences, special issue on the International Housing Affordability Crisis. 25,S1: 266-281.
- Dawkins, Casey. 2020. The Right to Housing in an Ownership Society. Housing and Society. 47,2: 81-102.
- Lung-Amam, Willow and Casey Dawkins. 2020. The Power of Participatory Story Mapping: Advancing Equitable Development in Disadvantaged Neighborhoods. Community Development Journal. 55,3: 473-495.
- Bieri, David S. and Casey J. Dawkins. 2019. Amenities, Affordability, and Housing Vouchers. Journal of Regional Science. 59,1: 56-82.
- Jeon, Jae Sik, Casey Dawkins, and Rolf Pendall. 2018. How Vehicle Access Enables Low-Income Households to Live in Better Neighborhoods. Housing Policy Debate. 28,6: 920–939.
- Lung-Amam, Willow S., Eli Knaap, Casey Dawkins, Gerrit-Jan Knaap. Opportunity for Whom? The Diverse Definitions of Neighborhood Opportunity in Baltimore. 2018. City & Community. 17,3: 636-657.
- Dawkins, Casey and Jae Sik Jeon. 2018. Housing Cost Burden in the Housing Choice Voucher Program: The Impact of HUD Program Rules. Cityscape: A Journal of Policy Development and Research. 20,1: 39-62.
- Dawkins, Casey. 2018. Toward Common Ground in the U.S. Fair Housing Debate. Journal of Urban Affairs. 40,4: 475-493.
- Dawkins, Casey. 2017. Autonomy and Housing Policy. Housing, Theory and Society. 34, 4: 420-438.
- Dawkins, Casey. 2017. Putting Equality in Place: The Normative Foundations of Geographic Equality of Opportunity. Housing Policy Debate. 27, 6: 897-912.
- Dawkins, Casey, Jae Sik Jeon, and Gerrit Knaap. 2017. Creating and Preserving Affordable Homeownership Opportunities: Does Inclusionary Zoning Make Sense? Journal of Planning Education and Research. 37, 4: 444–456.
- Dawkins, Casey, and Mark Miller. 2017. The Characteristics and Unmet Housing Program Needs of Disabled HUD-Assisted Households. Housing Policy Debate. 27, 4: 499-518.
- Bieri, David S. and Casey J. Dawkins. 2016. Quality of Life, Transportation Costs, and Federal Housing Assistance: Leveling the Playing Field. Housing Policy Debate. 26, 4-5: 646-669.
- Dawkins, Casey J. 2016. Preparing Planners: The Role of Graduate Planning Education. Journal of Planning Education and Research. 36,4: 414-426.
- Dawkins, Casey and Rolf Moeckel. 2016. Transit-Induced Gentrification: Who Will Stay, and Who Will Go? Housing Policy Debate. 26, 4-5: 801-818.
- Nelson, Arthur C., Casey J. Dawkins, Katherine G. Kittrell and Reid Ewing. 2016. The Association between Professional Performing Arts and Knowledge Class Growth: Implications for Metropolitan Economic Development. Economic Development Quarterly. 30,1: 88-98.
- Dawkins, Casey J., Jae Sik Jeon, Rolf Pendall. 2015. Transportation Access, Rental Vouchers, and Neighborhood Satisfaction: Evidence from the Moving to Opportunity Experiment. Housing Policy Debate. 25, 3: 497-530.
- Dawkins, Casey J., Jae Sik Jeon, Rolf Pendall. 2015. Vehicle Access and Exposure to Neighborhood Poverty: Evidence from the Moving to Opportunity Program. Journal of Regional Science. 55,5: 687-707.
- Pendall, Rolf, Christopher Hayes, Arthur (Taz) George, Casey Dawkins, Jae Sik Jeon, Eli Knaap, Evelyn Blumenberg, Gregory Pierce, and Michael Smart. 2015. Driving to Opportunities: Voucher Users, Cars, and Movement to Sustainable Neighborhoods. Cityscape: A Journal of Policy Development and Research. 17, 2: 57-87.
You must be logged in to post a comment.